B.Hth Sc (podiatry), M.A.Pod.A, SMA, ATPL
Brett has been involved in the sports medicine and footwear industry for over 19 years being a partner in Sydney Sports Medicine Centre in Olympic Park Sydney, sports podiatrist at Balmain Sports Medicine Centre and owner of Running Science specialist running store in Rozelle Sydney.
Over the years Brett has carefully designed programs of muscle repair and strengthening, foot function through footwear and orthotics, modifications of running technique and intervention from sports doctors, physiotherapists, massage therapists and if necessary orthopaedic surgeons to gain the quickest recovery.
Some of the most common injuries seen include heel pain, plantar fasciitis, knee pain, calf strain, shin splints, Achilles tendonitis, bunions, stress fractures, mortons neuroma, severs disease and ankle pain.
- Sports injuries and treatment
- Effects of running footwear
- Successful treatment of complicated cases
- Paediatric and junior athletic injuries and management
- Orthotic design and manufacture
- Australian Podiatry Association
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Australian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine